Davis Family News

"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

England Trip: Packwood House (14th July)

Packwood House

Our first trip was to Packwood House, south of Birmingham. This is a restored Tudor mansion with a renowned topiary garden, based on the Sermon on the Mount. The Tudor-restoration was very beautiful, but we've seen better. The real interest was the topiary, which was quite impressive. Of course, major topiary-fan Mary loved the smell of box leaves and enjoyed stroking the neatly-clipped topiary. (As a gardener and amateur naturalist, I also enjoyed the topiary.) The children ran around laughing and hid in "their houses" (as they called them) underneath some of the bushes. They also enjoyed playing hide-and-seek.

See a photo album of this trip here:

1 Comments:

At 12:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know.Wow! The Packwood House looks beautiful! =) I would enjoy playing hide-and-seek there. I'm glad you all had a good time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home